« Home | footnotes to the life of an illegitimate child » | currently reading » | getting my mfa » | saying graces » | sonia sanchez gets arrested? » | 2 of today's moments » | why i don't live in harlem » | rejection thread (part 1) » | burn » | yeah, so this is me »

disfigurements

ugly child why does
your mother love you rich
man why are you arms so
short beautiful man why
do you overlook me beautiful
woman why do you paint
yourself happy happy
why do you smile
mistaken why do you erase
yourself secure why
don’t you pause when

I could kill you with one poem?

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm call me aja
  • From nyc
  • 20something, black, woman, reader, writer, about to be a student again. i think i'd like to be heard (or read). child/grandchild of immigrant folk. yearning to travel. desirous of wisdom. a little bit ordinary, but working at being less so.
My profile