« Home | kiddie pool » | throwbacks » | wordplay, wordfight, wordwork: my dictionary » | End-of-life Situation » | disfigurements » | footnotes to the life of an illegitimate child » | currently reading » | getting my mfa » | saying graces » | sonia sanchez gets arrested? »

job poems

i felt these were appropriate for a sunday evening.



Job Poem #1

knowing is so perverse that
I’d rather be worth
less, true, but happy.
it’s ring toss game, really.
maybe horseshoe, but always
spun round round
again and emptied.

but at least there are windows.




Job Poem #2

the rich woman gave
the mill where I grind
down my knuckles
to skin and bone dust.

it sounded so rewarding on the idea list.

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm call me aja
  • From nyc
  • 20something, black, woman, reader, writer, about to be a student again. i think i'd like to be heard (or read). child/grandchild of immigrant folk. yearning to travel. desirous of wisdom. a little bit ordinary, but working at being less so.
My profile