« Home | after the deluge » | today at the met » | frustration is... » | scenes of gentrification » | hhhhooootttt » | job poems » | kiddie pool » | throwbacks » | wordplay, wordfight, wordwork: my dictionary » | End-of-life Situation »

surreptitious post

i'm at work right now, so this one will be brief.

now reading: i bought helen oyeyemi's the icarus girl on saturday, and i just started reading it today. i'm only 10 pages into it so far, but it promises to be just as brilliant as all the reviewers say it is.

movie reviews: the squid and the whale - i just didn't get the point.
monsoon wedding - maybe i'm (actually) a sucker for a happy ending. loved the movie.

Labels: ,

About me

  • I'm call me aja
  • From nyc
  • 20something, black, woman, reader, writer, about to be a student again. i think i'd like to be heard (or read). child/grandchild of immigrant folk. yearning to travel. desirous of wisdom. a little bit ordinary, but working at being less so.
My profile